Any local non-profit agency is welcome to record a 30 second public service announcement (PSA) to be broadcasted on KSVY. Examples of public service announcements are:
- Friends of the Library book sale
- Student project inviting citizens to donate blood to the Red Cross
- Upcoming benefit concert
Please send a double spaced, 30 second script to email@example.com (see General Rules and Guidelines below). We will record your announcement for you, or you’re welcome to come in and record your own on Tuesdays between 11am and noon. Recording assistance is available at this time.
PSA submissions should be for events that are 7 days or more in the future. Last minute submission may not get air play.
General Rules and Guidelines
Announcements containing price information are not permissible. This would include any announcement of interest rate information or other indication of savings or value associated with the product. Examples of such an announcement are:
- “7.7 percent interest rate available now”
- “Five dollars at the door”
- “Admission is free”
Announcements containing a call-to-action are not permissible. Examples of such announcements are:
- “Stop by our showroom to see a model”
- “Try product X next time you buy oil”
Announcements containing an inducement to buy, sell, rent, or lease are not permissible. Examples of such announcements are:
- “Six months free service”
- “A bonus available this week”
- “Special gift for the first 50 visitors”
Please note that Sonoma Valley agencies take precedence, and KSVY retains the right to not air any recordings that do not meet the above requirements.
For questions, please contact Bob at 933-0808 or firstname.lastname@example.org