Arugula, dandelion and basil, oh my!
Regular KSVY guest Chef Marco Ilaria has generously shared his amazing recipe for Arugula, Dandelion and Basil Pesto. Here’s what you’ll need.
1 cup Arugula
1 cup Dandelion greens, stems removed
1 bunch Basil, leaves only
½ cup Baby spinach
2 Tbs Pine nuts, lightly toasted
3 cloves Garlic, minced
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 ¼ cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
½ Lemon, juiced
¼ cup Water
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In sauté pan, lightly toast pine nuts over low heat, stirring frequently.
2. In a large bowl, place arugula, dandelion, basil and spinach & mix well.
3. In a food processor or blender, add pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic and ½ the amount of oil. Pulse for 1 minute.
4. Add half the greens to the food processor and process until smooth – about 2 minutes.
5. Add the remaining greens, parmesan cheese and the rest of the olive oil. Process for another 2 minutes. Mixture should be coarse.
6. Finish with salt & pepper. Add water if mixture is too thick.
Happy cooking! ~Chef Marco Ilaria