Arugula, Dandelion and Basil Pesto
Arugula, dandelion and basil, oh my!
Regular KSVY guest Chef Marco Ilaria has generously shared his amazing recipe for Arugula, Dandelion and Basil Pesto. Here’s what you’ll need.
1 cup Arugula
1 cup Dandelion greens, stems removed
1 bunch Basil, leaves only
½ cup Baby spinach
2 Tbs Pine nuts, lightly toasted
3 cloves Garlic, minced
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 ¼ cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
½ Lemon, juiced
¼ cup Water
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In sauté pan, lightly toast pine nuts over low heat, stirring frequently.
2. In a large bowl, place arugula, dandelion, basil and spinach & mix well.
3. In a food processor or blender, add pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic and ½ the amount of oil. Pulse for 1 minute.
4. Add half the greens to the food processor and process until smooth – about 2 minutes.
5. Add the remaining greens, parmesan cheese and the rest of the olive oil. Process for another 2 minutes. Mixture should be coarse.
6. Finish with salt & pepper. Add water if mixture is too thick.
Happy cooking! ~Chef Marco Ilaria