Another fantastic recipe from KSVY Friday Morning Show guest, Chef Marco Ilaria. This Leg of Lamb stuffed with Spinach sounds like a perfect wine country dinner. What would you pair with this delicious dish?
7 lb Leg of Lamb – domestic, boned
2 cups Spinach cooked and chopped
½ cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Garlic chopped fine
1 cup Pancetta cooked, small dice
½ cup Pine nuts toasted and course chopped
½ cup Fresh mint chopped fine
1 cup Feta cheese
1 tsp. Fresh thyme chopped fine
1 tsp. Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Red wine
1 cup Chicken stock
1. Start with one domestic leg of lamb, boned out. Butterfly so that the meat is even thickness throughout.
2. Paint the inside with the Dijon mustard
3. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl
4. Spread the mixture over the mustard as evenly as possible, then roll and tie roast with butcher twine.
5. Season the outside with some salt and pepper.
6. Roast in a 350-degree oven for about 1.25 hours or until the internal temperature is 130 degrees.
7. When roasting the lamb put the red wine and chicken stock in the roasting pan and baste every fifteen minutes.